3 tsp active dry yeast
2 cup warm water
4 tsp honey
2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp olive oil
5 cups flour
2 Tbsp dried rosemary
1 head of roasted garlic
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast into the warm water. Mix in the honey and salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes or until it foams. Add in olive oil.
2. Add flour and knead for about 10 minutes. Add rosemary and garlic, then knead for another few minutes.
3. Place dough ball in well oiled bowl, turning dough a few times so that dough surfaces are protected by oil. Cover bowl with cling wrap or a towel - I've had good success with a damp towel. Place in warm, draft-free area to rise until dough is doubled, about 1 hour.
4. After dough is doubled, punch it down, divide in two, and shape into rounded loaf.
5. Using sharp knife, make a criss-cross design on top. Place rounded loaves on greased baking sheet or in well-floured bowls. Let rise until doubled again, about 1 hour.
6. If bread rose in a bowl, gently tip out onto your baking surface. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes (will vary depending on oven.) If baking in a conventional oven, it helps to put a few inches of water in a pan and set on the bottom rack. This helps steam the bread as it bakes.
Turkey Red works fantastically in this recipe!